Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting Easter Saturday 16 April 2022 commencing 2pm.
Guest Speaker, Ms. Barbara Campbell, principal Campbell & Co Lawyers, Deakin ACT.
- Ms Barbara Campbell specialises in in Estate Planning, Wills and Power of Attorney. It is estimated that 50% of adult Australians do not have a valid Will, are you one of them? This is your opportunity to find out more and plan ahead for your family's needs should you pass away or you are unable to manage your or own health needs and/or financial affairs. All SAA members and guests are welcome to attend this importnat event.
- Our 18 June 2022 Meeting Date will celebrate 30 years of the SAA Incorporation. We have a special guest speaker coming along from the original 1992 foundation membership group and a tea/coffee/cake party celebration to follow. Should be fun. All current and previous members are welcome to attend, but numbers will be limited due to continuing Covid-19 room restriction. See the April 2022 Newsletter for more information.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.