Welcome to Our site
Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800 AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198.
We are also a registered ACT Government Incorporated Association and not-for-profit charity (A2042) and a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting (GM) Saturday 17 June 2023 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
Guest speaker - Ms.Marina Siemionow, Coordinator, ACT Lungt Life Support Group (Lung Foundation Australia). Lung disease such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) patients can also suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) and many Cpap and Bipap machines and breathing masks provide extra oxygen connection ports for additional concentrated oxygen input into the airway.
>> All Members and Guest are Welcome.
- Future General Meeting dates for 2023:
- Saturday 19 August 2023
- AGM Staurday 21 October 2023, and
- Saturday 18 November 2023
All later GM dates for 2024 to be Advised.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.