Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting Saturday 20 August 2022 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
We have confirmed that our guest speaker for the upcoming 20 August General Meeting will be the popular Dr. Grant Willson, owner and principal sleep clinician from the Canberra Sleep and Lifestyle Clinic based in Woden/Phillip ACT. Grant will enlighten us on a newly introduced type of patient sleep disorder clinical assessment and biometrics tool called the Mandibular Monitor from Sunrise Medical. Grant will also provide advice and answer any of your sleep apnoea questions.
- Future General Meeting dates - Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden:
Saturday 15 October 2022: Annual General Meeting (AGM) - 2.00pm. Presentation of Executive Committee Reports for 2021-22, Annual Financial Statements and Election of SAA Committee for 2022-23. Following the AGM, members and guests can ask questions, seek information or participate in any sleep apnoea related topic of their interest.
- Saturday 19 November 2022 - 2.00pm: End of year business close off and early Christmas/New Year celebrations. Guest Speaker to be Advised - All Members and Guests welcome.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.