Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800 AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198.
We are also a registered ACT Government Incorporated Association and not-for-profit charity (A2042) and a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting (GM) Saturday 19 August 2023 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
Guest speaker - Mr. Simba Sigauke, Senior Sleep Scientist, Canberra Hospital Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine. Simba is also a member of this Association and has connections to family CPAP treatment. Simba is an integral part of the Sleep Disorders Clinic and sleep laboratory at the hospital. The recent transition of the Belconnen Calvary public hospital into the wider ACT Health Service public hospital system will be explained and how the respiratory and sleep disorders clinics will now operate between the two hospitals.
>> All Members and Guest are Welcome.
- Future General Meeting dates for 2023:
- Annual General Meeting Saturday 21 October 2023, and
- Saturday 18 November 2023
All later GM dates for 2024 to be Advised.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.