Welcome to Our site
Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association Inc ACT website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Members of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800 AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198.
We are also a registered ACT Government Incorporated Association and not-for-profit charity (A2042) and a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter (click on link below):
- Next General Meeting (GM) Saturday 15 April 2023 commencing 2pm. Canberra Southern Cross Club Woden.
Guest speaker - Ms Siham Kobti, Business Development Manager, AirLiquide Healthcare (see page 5 of our February Newsletter). Airliquide Healthcare based in Deakin ACT, is one of our advertisers and well known respiratory services and suppliers in Canberra. Ms Kobti will will introduce the many respiratory services and cpap equiment benefits they provide to their Canberra clients. This will be our final General Meeting date for 2022 and will be a combined Christmas and New Year afternoon tea themed celebration event thanking all of our members, clients, sponsors and guest speakers during the year.
>> All Members and Guest are Welcome.
- Future General Meeting dates for 2023:
- Saturday 15 April 2023, and
- Saturday 17 June 2023.
All later GM dates for 2023 to be Advised.
- Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
- Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insurer before you buy and save on the purchase price of your CPAP machine.