Welcome to Sleep Apnoea Association ACT's website! Please look around.
We are Affiliated Member of the:
Health Care Consumers' Association Inc (HCCA Inc) contact Ph: 02 6230 7800) AND
Self Help Organisations United Together Inc (SHOUT Inc) contact Ph: 02 6290 0198)
We are aslo a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our Latest Newsletter:
Next General Meeting Dates & Other Notices:
Meeting Dates and Guest Speakers for 2019 (Saturday) - from 2.00pm - 4.00pm (Canberra Southern Cross Club, Woden ACT)
- February 16th 2019 General Meeting - Dr Stuary Miller, Principal Sleep Medicine Specialist, Canberra Sleep Clinic (confirmed).
- ACT SENIORS WEEK EXPO Thursday 21 March 2019, 10am Free Entry - Exhibition Park (formerly Canberra Showground)
- April 20th 2019 General Meeting (Guest Speaker to be confirmed)
- >> May 5th 2019 - Sleep Apnea Awarness Day (SAAD)
- June 15th 2019 General Meeting - Guest Speakers Taz & Shaheed, Owner Pharmacist's Blooms Karabar & Queanbeyan (confirmed)
- August 17th 2019 General Meeting - Guest Speaker, Ms Lyn Morley, ACT Lung Life Inc (confirmed)
- October 19th 2019 Annual General Meeting
- November 16th 2019 General Meeting(to be confirmed)
Electricity Rebate Reminder: If you are using a nasal Positive Airway Pressure (nPAP) machine do not forget to apply for your electricity rebate as a user of life support machinery. This gives you prioity of reinstatement after power failure as well as a rebate in the cost of your electricity. To those new to the use of nCPAP, to obtain this rebate all you need is a letter from your Sleep Specialist and to contact your electricity supplier.
Private Health Insurance Rebate Extra's Coverage Reminder: Most Private Health insurers will provide you with a rebate up to $500 or more for the purchase of your new CPAP machine every five years. Check with your insure before you buy and save on the purchase of your CPAP machine.